All women aged 50 to 69 who qualify for the screening programme automatically receive a letter of invitation from the Centre for Cancer Detection (CvKO). This invitation serves as a prescription for a screening mammogram. The letter also immediately offers you an appointment at a mammography unit. This is convenient, but you can of course change that appointment at any time.
Does the proposed appointment not suit you? Would you rather visit a different mammography unit? No problem!
Call the CvKO on the toll-free number 0800 60 160 (every working day from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 to 4 p.m.). After entering your postcode, we will be happy to assist you.
You can also take part with a prescription from your GP.
Your GP can complete this application form or write a prescription for a: "screening mammogram".
Who will not be invited?
You will not be invited for the Breast Cancer Screening Programme:
- If you are already undergoing treatment for breast cancer;
- If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer in the past ten years;
- If you have had a mammogram in the past two years;
- If you are under 50 years old;
- If you are over 69 years old.